Top-5 Cybersecurity Solutions For Businesses
With the escalating number of cyber threats and data breaches, it’s vital to have the appropriate protection and security measures. And even though you can’t completely stop every danger, you can at least minimize the existing risk through cybersecurity solutions.
Currently, the cybersecurity services and features market is full of expansive offers and solutions more than ever. It can be a rather tricky task to choose among the wide variety of options and find the best one for your company. Therefore, we have sorted and gathered the most important cybersecurity solutions in one list, which you can confidently consider adding to your company’s network security architecture.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
What are Cyber Security Solutions?
Before we jump into the primary part of our topic, let’s first understand cybersecurity solutions and how they work.
In general, cyber security solutions are special high-tech tools and services that assist in protecting organizations and businesses against cyber attacks. Due to these solutions, companies can avoid such dangerous and harmful scenarios as application downtime, damage to reputation, theft of sensitive data, information leakage, compliance fines, security breaches, etc.
A powerful and effective cyber security strategy covers all the possible areas and components that hackers can exploit. It requires implementing appropriate security tools and techniques to secure the business infrastructure.
Common Cyber Security Threats
The army of cybersecurity threats and risks is enormous, and they continue to grow at the speed of light because hackers aren’t sitting around and doing nothing. They also constantly try to bring in new and advanced threats and strategies.
However, there are multiple, widespread vulnerabilities general to almost all business systems, which we will review below.
Generally, malware refers to different types of attacks, including viruses, worms, and spyware. It uses vulnerabilities to breach a network through dangerous links and email attachments that users open and install malicious software on the company system. In addition, malicious codes and files can:
- Access sensitive information through retrieving data from the hard drive.
- Deny access requests to the vital elements of the network.
- Disrupt the entire system.
It’s one of the popular types of attacks hackers often use. Phishing attacks involve sending vast amounts of fraudulent texts and emails to users, pretending to be reliable sources.
The most common scenario is issuing a warning regarding your account and asking for private information like passwords, account information, etc. After the user clicks the attached link, it immediately installs malware into the system, opening access to all confidential data.
Ransomware is among the group of malware attacks. It uses malicious requests and files to limit or deny access to your system via encryption, threatening to delete or publish it unless a ransom is paid.
Distributed denial of service attacks work by overwhelming servers, systems, and networks with traffic requests to overload resources and slow down the website response time. As a result, the system cannot fulfill and process legitimate requests.
The Top 5 Cybersecurity Solutions
The list of strategies and security measures that every company should use is endless, but below are some of the most important ones for proper security regardless of your business objectives.
#1 Application Security
These and other cybersecurity solutions are designed to test system applications for security flaws and vulnerabilities during the development and testing phases and protect them against hacking attacks.
The application security solution has several subdivisions, which are as follows:
- Web Application Firewall: A policies-based filter in front of an application that audits the HTTP traffic between the application and the Internet. A WAF tries to detect and prevent malware activities and requests.
- API Security: APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) enable interaction between various applications. And as this process allows you to transfer information between apps and services, it becomes highly vulnerable to other interceptions. Therefore, these solutions help prevent the exploitation of vulnerabilities and protect APIs.
- Software Composition Analysis: SCA cybersecurity solution is designed to test and analyze your application’s open-source elements. After the testing is complete, the tool provides library data, including identified vulnerabilities and licensing information.
#2 Network Security
The security solutions of this group are mainly in charge of monitoring network traffic, detecting the potential malicious traffic, and enabling the company to filter or block threats.
- Network Access Management Control: Companies can restrict or control access to a system’s network through management control. The core features include placing devices in isolated areas, denying network access to non-compliant devices, and limiting access to network resources.
- Network Segmentation: Segmentation helps companies control traffic flow by stopping traffic in one area and limiting the flow according to type, source, or destination.
- Next-Generation Firewalls: They protect the firewall, network, and Internet connections. The NGF cybersecurity solution uses dynamic and static packet filtering, safelists, and VPN support when enforcing security.
- Network-Based IDS: This group of cybersecurity services is created for monitoring the overall network. NIDS provides complete visibility into all traffic flowing through the network. These strategies can detect security threats and data breaches based on metadata.
#3 Endpoint Security
Endpoint Security is all about preventing threats, including unauthorized access and malware, and helping to detect data breach cases.
- Endpoint Protection Platform: EPP enables point-in-time protection. After files enter the network, the application penetration testing tool scans it and finds the known threats.
- Endpoint Detection and Remediation: EDR solutions provide active protection by constantly monitoring apps and files. These tools can detect many threats, including ransomware, polymorphic attacks, fileless malware, etc.
- Extended Detection and Response: XDR cybersecurity solutions offer comprehensive protection across multiple layers of security. It involves many tools and capabilities for performing threat detection and response.
#4 Cloud-Based Cybersecurity Solutions
Cloud security solutions help gain control over private, public, and hybrid cloud environments by identifying security vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
- Cloud Security Posture Management: CSPM strategies use multiple techniques to manage and execute security across cloud resources and services. They provide the proper tools for managing and monitoring cloud security.
- Cloud Workload Protection Platform: A cloud workload solution helps to protect server workloads that run as a service environment in a public cloud infrastructure. The core feature of CWPP is the ability to manage multiple domains through one console.
- Cloud Access Security Brokers: These techniques are applied as an additional security layer between a corporate network and a cloud provider. Cloud access security enables instant visibility and allows organizations to secure and monitor access to their data.
#5 Internet of Things Security
IoT security measures focus on IoT devices’ networks, helping them gain visibility and apply security controls.
- IoT Encryption: It helps to encrypt sensitive data between back-end systems and IoT edge devices. IoT encryption typically requires the use of cryptographic techniques.
- IoT Network Security: This solution is best for securing network connections between systems and IoT devices. IoT network security generally requires antimalware, antivirus software, intrusion detection and prevention, firewalls, etc.
- IoT Authentication: It is designed for securing authentication while using IoT devices. This solution requires managing several users per device and providing machine learning mechanisms for authentication, including multi-factor authentication, static passwords, and biometrics.
Cybersecurity solutions cover all protective measures companies use to secure their systems, networks, and apps against potential attacks and security breaches.
To become a blockchain developer, make sure to have a basic understanding of blockchain architecture and technologies. Then decide on the specific platform you want to work on and start the learning process.
You can either get a degree or enroll in online courses and certifications. After obtaining the required practical skills, you can apply for internships and entry-level jobs.
The best way to measure the success of security awareness training is to develop a methodology combining interviews, tests, employee surveys and feedback, and verifications.
Generally, the average range of cybersecurity professional salary varies from $30.000 to $150.000 depending on the location and job specifics.
The core features of cybersecurity include:
1. Defense against possible threats;
2. Regulatory compliance;
3. Cloud-based protection;
4. Threat prevention and response;
5. Security analytics.